Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Renewal

Matthew 28:19-20
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age.
Matthew 3:15
Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to be baptized to fulfill all righteousness."

The one time I was baptized was when I was 5 or 6 and got "saved" because it seemed appropriate, and my best friend decided to do so. Why not? My dad was a preacher. He was way proud of me.
I had no idea what I was doing. Not even the slightest clue. I remember believing in Jesus, but I couldn't have even have begun to imagine what it would be like to truly live for Christ. Since then I have most definitely been through many phases of ups and downs, in my faith and just life in general. It wasn't until about a year ago that I have been seriously attempting to live my life for God and genuinely believe in Him heart and soul. I've experienced so much inconsistency with my love for Him and I'm ready to make this for real. This life is more than I deserve. I'm excited to get baptized Sunday at the Riv's one year celebration to symbolize my commitment to Jesus and the life I'm meant to live for him- in an afflux of authenticity with my incredible community at the River. That church has been the best thing that could happen to me and I'm overwhelmed and more than grateful for their support and love for me and each other. I'm anxious to continue through my journey and experience genuine authenticity through the love of my God.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I'm nigh speechless! This moves me that we get to be apart of the Beth Taylor story. Your refreshment of your committment to Jesus is the joy of our hearts, there is no greater joy we have than to see our brothers and sisters in Christ live for His Glory by bring peace to this hell enslaved world. thanks for loving the riv, and subsequently our family. thanks for being a part of it. we love you with all our being.
the sams

Beth said...

I am more than proud of you and love you so so so so so much. You are my sister, heart and soul.